I am so happy to report that the beautiful Fall is here! Fall is a great time to do some annual inspections on your home while the weather is nice.
So Here’s your Honey-Do List!
- Check smoke detectors and fire extinguishers – Testing and replacing batteries in your smoke detectors should be done every year. Be sure you have a fire extinguisher (most homes have 2 or 3 depending on square footage and layout). Check the pressure, seal, expiration date and overall condition annually.
- Inspect and clean your fireplace and chimney – Inspection of your fireplace and chimney should also be done annually. This is something you can do on your own or hire a professional. Keeping a clean and functioning fireplace can save you from possible smoke and fire damage to your home.
- Inspect your heating and air system – Doing a spring and fall inspection of your heating and air system can eliminate problems in the summer and winter. You will want a professional to take care of this for you.
- Check Windows – Check your windows for gaps which can be resolved by applying weather stripping around the frames of your windows to keep heat in and the cold out of your home this winter.
- Check roof and shingles – Inspecting your roof annually will help you avoid problems in the future. Look for any shingles that may be buckling, curling, missing or broken. A quick overall look for any issues can be a lot easier than repairs later.
- Clean and repair gutters – While you are up there looking at your roof is a good time to clean and repair any gutter problems.
- Draining and winterizing your outdoor faucets and irrigation system is another task better done in the fall before cold weather starts to set in.
Most of these routine chores can be done by you or you can call a professional to help out. Moore Development is here to point you in the right direction. Don’t forget to call us with any questions and don’t forget to enjoy the fall season!